It’s the Historical Romance Cookie Hop!!
I’m SO excited we brought back the Historical Romance Cookie Hop again this year 🙂 What does that mean? Well, in addition to hopping from delicious recipe to delicious recipe, collect the names of the desserts featured by each author for a chance to win a $150 gift card to the online store of your choice*! Think of how many books THAT can buy!!
Each of the 30 authors is giving away an individual prize! So drop on by to hop 12/9 – 12/13
This year, I’m giving away a signed copy of Marin’s Promise, the first book of my Borderland Ladies (for a chance to win, please either send me a message from my website here, or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org). And if you just want to buy the ebook, Marin’s Promise is only .99 this week! https://amzn.to/38oGdma
My cookie to share this year is a fun holiday cookie recipe I love making with my minions – the spritz cookie where half the fun is in the gun! #SecretAngentMinion
One of the things I love about baking for the holidays is how it brings us all together. Even with the fights – which is inevitable with two daughters #SisterLife LOL
In the Borderland Ladies, I could totally see the ladies having a fresh batch of cookies from Nan while they laugh (and fight) amongst one another. You can read some fun free stories about the supporting characters for the Borderland Ladies here: http://www.madelinemartin.com/borderland-ladies/
If you’re interested in making some yummy spritz cookies like I make with the girls, you can follow this fast, easy and fun recipe 🙂
1 Cup butter – softened at room temperature
1/2 Cup sugar
1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/4 Cup flour
A LOT of sprinkles (Spoiler alert: this is the magic ingredient)
(optional) Food Coloring
Wine (it helps – trust me)
^ YoungestMinion adding ALL the sprinkles!!!
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Pour a glass of wine and start working on it as you cook
- Pick out super awesome spritz token designs (wreaths, trees, snowmen and stars are our favorites)
- Mix Butter and sugar (preferably in an electronic mixer so it’s easier!)
- Beat in egg, vanilla extract and salt until well-mixed and creamy.
- Slowly add flour on ‘low’ until its folded in without making a mess.
- Add food coloring if you’re feeling crazy (we love our green trees – pictured below)
- Roll dough into a tube to stuff into your spritz cookie gun (read directions on your spritzer)
- Make sure you have your fun token at the base of your spritz gun and start firing them onto an uncreased cookie sheet.
- Go CRAZY with sprinkles. Like it’s snowing sprinkles and happiness from the heavens ALL over your spritz cookies. (*Wine helps with this)
- Pop in oven for 6-8 minutes or until ‘straw-colored’ or less if you like them softer (like me).
- Pour a glass of wine to enjoy more. Cheers!
- Take out of oven and let cool on a separate spot on our counter while you cycle out more. This is a production line and you have wine!
^ What our real life spritz cookies look like
^ What the ShutterStock fancy photo looks like (spoiler alert: ours probably taste better with all that extra sugar LOL)
*Please hop by each stop below and e-mail your completed list of author names, with their treat names, to Heather@HeatherMcCollum.com with the heading: “Historical Romance Authors are Sweet” to be entered into the $150 gift card grand prize random drawing.
Check out more information on Marin’s Promise here: http://www.madelinemartin.com/book/marins-promise/
Happy Holidays from me and mine to you and yours!